St. Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle!
This page dedicated to the ACTS email list.
ACTS Main Email List
The ACTS Apologetics Email List can be subscribed to by sending an email to:
This list is the "home" list for ACTS. The ACTS Email Group is the
oldest email group on the Internet devoted to Catholic Apologetics!
We originally started as a BBS sub-board on Mike Middleton's "All Nite
Cafe" in Phoenix. ACTS soon teamed up with Mike and Sharon Mollerus'
CIN forums as "CIN-ACTS" and that group still exists too, but now as
CIN_Apolo. ACTS was an early website on the public Internet and has
continued the tradition of the email list/group.
ACTS is a Catholic Apologetics list, dealing with questions on and about the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
INFORMATION ON THE ACTS LIST:
The Purpose of the ACTS list is as follows: ACTS is an acronym
for the American Catholic Truth Society. This list deals with
Catholic Apologetics. Discussions involving the Catholic Faith
are welcome. Below are some of the "DOs" and "DON'Ts" of this
- Discuss the Catholic Faith.
- Ask questions about the Catholic Faith.
- Non-Catholic challengers are required to stick to ONE
challenge/question at a time.
- Challengers will clarify their question, once a moderator
has accepted that question, the challenger will not move
on to other topics until either consensus is reached, and/or
the argument is conceded.
- Present and document your discussions with authentic Catholic
Teachings (or retract them).
- Be respectful of others, regardless of their faith and/or
- Share with us WHY you are a Catholic or how you became a Catholic.
- Use ad hominem, (attacks on a person).
- Discuss Traditional vs. Modern Catholic teachings.
- Be disrespectful of any person or their office.
- As a challenger, discuss more than one "accepted" topic
at a time.
- And don't bring up "unaccepted" topics/questions.
This will be seen as a diversionary tactic and
will bring moderator action.
- Flood the list with numerous postings (such an abuse will
result in your account being immediately disabled).
- Discuss things that have been declared "off-topic" by a
- Post advertizing without the expressed written permission
from one of the moderators.
- Discuss the rules and/or moderation of the list in public,
write another moderator or the list owner privately on
This "DO's and DON'Ts" list can grow. If you have suggestions for additional "rules" for the ACTS list, please submit them in private email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I thank you all for your cooperation on these matters! The ACTS list is going GREAT! Let's keep it that way!
The Blessed Virgin Mary
Return to ACTS Homepage
Go to the BattleACTS List Page
Go to the CathApol IRC Chatroom Page